Cotahuasi Canyon Tour (Shared Service)
The Cotahuasi tour is an adventure on a 378-km road, half of it paved and the other half dirt. The change of scenery is also a feature, with beautiful valleys criss-crossing the almost-tropical climate before starting the climb to a rugged environment with a drier and colder climate.
Once reaching the village you can see its colonial church, the highest suspension bridge across the province called Chayman, and its guardian mountain or Apu "Huyñau". Its most important attraction, however, is the "Cotahuasi Canyon" or "Canyon of Wonders", considered the most deepest and beautiful on the planet. With a depth of 3 535 metres and a beautiful 150-metre waterfall called "Sipia", the Huaynacotas and Pampamarca Inca terraces, the hot springs of Luicho, Lucha and Antabamba and the archaeological remains of Marpa, and the Huanzococha Lagoon, your experience is sure to be a memorable one.
In general, this is a town where people still live in the old way with a strong cultural identity; modernity has not been able to beat tradition. It is possible to practice various adventure activities like mountain biking, trekking, canoeing and rock climbing.
- 6:00 pick up from the Arequipa hotel
- Petroglyphs of Toro Muerto, where stones will be engraved with all kinds of geometric and anthropomorphic representations over 700 years old.
- Querullpa dinosaur footprints, and see the beautiful castle rock formation formed by wind erosion, to the village of Chuquibamba
- Volcanoes viewpoint, where you can see up to 10 volcanoes of the 85 belong to the Andahua town.
- Queñuales Forest, typical trees in the Andean Peruvian region.
- Pallarcocha lagoon to 4859 m COROPUNA 6 425 m
- Allhuay natural viewpoint, to see the Canyon and Valley of Cotahuasi
- 5:30 Return to Valle Hermoso hotel
- 7:00 am Breakfast.
- Cactus Forest to Judio Pampa, with cacti over 13 metres tall.
- 11:30 Sipia Falls, a waterfall of 150 metres.
- Return to Cotahuasi for lunch.
- During the afternoon, we go to Mungui town, to have a litlle walk by their ancient town and sleep.
- Sleep in Mungui.
- 6:00 Breakfast
- 7:00 a.m. We visit Taurisma town to get to know its Spanish chhurch, which has an ancient paintings on the walls.
- We going to do a litlle city tour in Cotahuasi.
- 12:00 p.m lunch
- 9:00 p.m. Arrival in Arequipa.
- Minimum group of 5 people, start every friday.
- Light and warm clothing, swimwear, headgear, sunscreen, comfortable shoes for walking
- Private transportation Arequipa Cotahuasi Arequipa
- Professional Guide
- Entrance to the thermal baths of Luicho
- Toro Muerto
- 2 night's hotel with private bathrooms and hot water
- Peruvian Tax
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Pick up service will be from the traveler's hotel in Arequipa